Saturday, July 16, 2016

Shortest Women Players in WNBA History

The following is a list of the players I believe are the shortest in WNBA history. These are the shortest WNBA players I have been able to find. If anyone knows of a shorter woman player, please leave a comment.

As everyone knows, basketball is a game that favors taller players. The shortest women to play in the WNBA are really not all that short, they are just short for basketball players.

The average of height of a woman in the United States is 5' 4". The women on this list are not much shorter than that.

(Photo of Temeka Johnson by Knetknh)

Shortest women players to ever play in the WNBA

1. Shannon Bobbitt - 5' 2" tall

Unless there is another shorter player I am unaware of, Shannon Bobbitt is the shortest player in WNBA history with a height of 5' 2". Born in the Bronx, New York, Shannon Bobbitt won two NCAA Championships with the Tennessee Volunteers in college before she started playing in the WNBA.

In the 2008 WNBA Draft, the Los Angeles Sparks chose Shannon Bobbitt with the 15th overall pick, which was the first pick in the second round. In her WNBA career, Shannon Bobbitt played four full seasons, two with the Sparks (2008-9), and one each with the Indiana Fever (2011) and the Washington Mystics (2012). Shannon's career scoring average was 3.2 points per game.

Shannon Bobbitt was cut by the Mystics back in May of 2013, and I don't believe she ever caught on with another team. Shannon Bobbitt also played internationally in places like Turkey and Israel in her career.

2. Debbie Black - 5' 2.5" tall

As far as I can tell, the second shortest player in WNBA history was Debbie Black, who stood 5' 2.5" tall. Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Debbie Black played for St. Joseph's in college from 1984 to 1988.

After playing internationally in Australia, and also playing in the now defunct ABL, Debbie Black began her WNBA career in 1999 playing for the Utah Starzz (now San Antonio Stars). Black then played three seasons for the Miami Sol (2000-2002), and then concluded her WNBA career playing two more seasons for the Connecticut Sun (2003 and 2004).

For her WNBA career, Debbie Black averaged 3.9 points and 3.2 assists per game. She is currently the head women's basketball coach at Eastern Illinois. In 1999, Margo Dydek, the tallest player in WNBA history, was Debbie Black's teammate on the Utah Starzz.

3. Temeka Johnson - 5' 3" tall

The third shortest player in WNBA history is Temeka Johnson, who stands 5' 3" tall. Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, Temeka Johnson played in college for LSU from 2002 to 2005.

In the 2005 WNBA Draft, the Washington Mystics took Temeka Johnson with the 6th overall pick. Temeka was the WNBA Rookie of the Year in 2005. So far in her WNBA career, Temeka Johnson is averaging 8.0 points and 4.2 assists per game.

Though Temeka Johnson is the third shortest player in WNBA history, she is easily the best player on this list. Temeka won a WNBA Championship in 2009, playing for the Phoenix Mercury.

© Joe Dorish 2007-2019

2 comments:

  1. How I Got My Ex Husband Back…Greetings to everyone reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after 15years of marriage just because another woman He left me and the kids to suffer. one day when i was reading through some websites. I saw testimonies on how people thank Dr Obinna for helping a lot of people get their broken marriages fixed back after divorced and breakup. He restored their marriage and relationship back as one. So i decided to contact this great man because i can't afford to loose my husband any more I love my husband so much I contact this man HE helped both men and women, boyfriend and girlfriend to get back their ex lovers and even fixed and restored their broken home back to happiness as one. I sent him a message on: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com and I waited patiently for his reply. It was about an hour or 2.When he replied to me He told me what to do that will help me bring my husband back to me and after 2 days as I share my testimonies with you my husband is back to me and my kids. I am glad to let you all know that this spell caster has the power to bring lovers back. because I am now in big happiness with my husband. Thanks to Dr Obinna. If you need any kind of solution to solve and win your health issues, broken relationships, or broken marriage problems. You can reach him on: obinnaspelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT CURED TOTALLY FROM HERPES VIRUS BY DR ISHIAKU HERBS

    I want to inform the public how I was cured of herpes  Virus by a Doctor called Dr ISHIAKU. I visited different hospitals but they gave me a list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which are very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on Herpes and I saw comments of people talking about how Doctor Ishiaku cured them. I Was scared because I never believed in the Internet but I was convinced to give him a try because I had no hope of being cured of herpes so I decided to contact him on his email, i searched his email on the net and I saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent a Herbal medicine to me that I took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without any problems, my HERPES result came out negative. You can contact him on his email: (ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com)or what - sapp him via (+2348180828544) and get all your problems solved.
    1)Sickness of any kind
    2)Help to cure  HEPATITIS B, DIABETICS, HIV/AIDS  and BIPOLAR
    3)Divorce, Breakup problem, To Re-unit or to cast a spell
    4)Pregnancy problem
    5)Financial problem and Job promotion
    6)bad mouth odour or tooth problem
    7)eye or ear problem
    8) enlargement of manhood


    Website: www.ishiakuherbalcure.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete