Friday, August 8, 2014

Did I Get Lyme Disease Due to Actions by the U.S. Government on Plum Island?

About 15 years ago I got Lyme Disease, which caused me to do a lot of research on the disease. Doing that research has caused me to ask the question, did I get Lyme Disease due to actions of the United States government? Here's my story.

Did I Get Lyme Disease Due to Actions by the U.S. Government on Plum Island? 
Back in the late 1990s, I went hiking one day and then fell asleep on my couch that night watching TV. When I woke up many hours later, I felt a small bump on my neck and soon discovered a small tick attached to my neck.
I removed the tick and noticed a large red circle around where the tick was, but other than that I forgot about the incident. A few weeks later my body started feeling funny. I felt fatigued, and at night my left leg felt numb as I lay in bed.
My body continued to experience weird symptoms, the whole left side of my body, including my face, was starting to feel numb at times. The worst symptom was dizziness when I was standing, even though I had no fever or other flu symptoms.
After getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and then briefly passing out and collapsing onto the bathroom floor, I decided to see a doctor. I went to a local clinic where the doctor took blood samples and told me I probably had anemia because I ran five miles just about every day.
By the time the blood tests came back negative for anemia, I had done some research in the library and found I had many symptoms of Lyme Disease. Combined with the now remembered tick on my neck, I talked to the doctor who put me on a course of antibiotics.
The antibiotics helped a little, but months later I still had many symptoms. After reading accounts of Lyme Disease online, I found a forum where a man claimed the only thing that helped him with Lyme was colloidal silver.
I researched colloidal silver, and bought a bottle at the local health food store and started taking it according to the directions on the bottle. Within a week, all my Lyme Disease symptoms were gone. Thank you colloidal silver.
Still curious about Lyme Disease, I found an article about Plum Island, which is in the Long Island Sound at the northern end of Long Island, and where the government had an animal disease center and suspected biological warfare research facility for many years. After WW II, the United States government brought a Nazi scientist named Erich Traub to this country to work on biological warfare weapons.
Erich Traub's expertise was in infecting ticks and mosquitoes with infectious diseases, which the ticks and mosquitoes could then spread. Erich Traub worked in Maryland, but he visited Plum Island a number of times and was offered the top scientist job on Plum Island twice, but he refused both times.
It is known that colonies of ticks were created on Plum Island. Lyme Disease is transmitted by ticks. In 1975, Lyme Disease was first recognized when many children in Old Lyme, Connecticut came down with juvenile arthritis symptoms.
Old Lyme, Connecticut, is located just 10 miles away from Plum Island across the Long Island Sound. Did I get Lyme Disease due to the actions of the United States government, specifically because of what the government did on Plum Island?
I don't know, but the facts about Erich Traub and Plum Island are very interesting. Anybody who has had Lyme Disease can do their own research about Erich Traub and Plum Island, and they can reach their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment